Monday, March 2, 2009

Anyone interested in a Fat Quarter Swap?

One of my favorite sewing blogs, Sew, Mama, Sew, had a "Fat Quarter Month" during the month of February, where they spotlighted all the wonderful projects you can make with a fat quarter. That is where I got my inspiration for fabric bookmarks. They have conveniently put all of their links together in one place here. I am especially excited about their Doll Quilt "quilt-along" which gave instructions on piecing and quilting a small quilt--it is perfect for someone like me who knows how to sew but not how to quilt! ANYWAY, Sew, Mama, Sew hosted a fat quarter swap but I was unable to participate. To celebrate the month of March, and the hopeful approach of spring (though you can't tell with the snow in my yard), I wanted to know if any of my faithful (few) blog readers would be interested in having our own FQ swap. Here is how it will work:
--Send me an email with your name, email address, and mailing address by March 15th.
--I will then send you a list of people that you will mail a FQ to. I would love to have enough participants for each person mail off 4 fat quarters, but we will see.
--Not sure what a fat quarter is? Check it out here. You can cut up one yard into 4 fat quarters, or you can send four different fabrics. The fat quarters should be 100% cotton.
Let me know if you want to play!

19 comments:

  1. I would do it. I have alot of fabric around and maybe it would motivate me. I am going to make some of those bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed out on the SMS swap, too. I would totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The SMS swap was great - I received some great new fabric to add to my yo-yo coverlet and to make some other things on "my to-do list".

    I would love to participate in your swap too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to participate! I missed the SMS one too!

    leslirichards@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'd love to play too. Will you take a Canadian???

    I just found your blog from the SMS forum...I have a 2.5 year old girl and a 10 month old boy so very similar to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just came over from the forum, and I too forgot to enter the fat quarter swap. I have never done one before but want to. How exciting!
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  7. sent my info. I got some really awesome FQ in the Sew, Momma, Sew swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I participated in the SMS swap but I'd love to do another one! Count me in- I'll send you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just told myself not to enter anymore swaps, but this is so simple and should be fun! I did two groups in SMS swap, and I loved it! I will send you my info now. oh, I also forwarded this swap to swapdex.com to hopefully get you some more attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in. Beth thanks for the forward that is how I found you all. Love Fat quarter swaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to join this swap
    Count me in

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanna play too! Email's on the way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. count me in! Love a swap. I'll send my info soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me too, I had a great time with the SMS swap!

    So much that I'm hosting a "maker swap" on my blog - hope you will check that out too!

    http://miyasohoza.blogspot.com/

    So I'm in on this one too! Am addicted to swaps!
    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to participate - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey am I too late to join the swap?
    Would love to join in the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to participate, just starting to sew again has been many years! Started my sewing machine up and grinds and growls have to pull it apart and clean it out. Really liked the site good information for the inexperienced. Thank you Cj Swier cjswier@hotmail.com
    21865 SW 70th Ave Tualatin Oregon 97062

    ReplyDelete
  18. would like to join in the fun emeyer45@verizon.net
    grandmarockton5

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.