Saturday, March 21, 2009

The one that started it all...

Two years ago, I made my first nursing cover (for myself, quite selfishly:-) based on the dimensions of a "real" nursing cover that a friend owned. I did not follow a tutorial of any kind, and to be honest, I am surprised it turned out as well as it did. My sewing skills were very rusty then! That cover was a labor of love, and has definitely gotten its workout over the past two years (it is now covering its second baby!). I love the fabric--my eye and heart is always drawn to batiks, yet this cover is the only thing I have that is batik. I loved the green and purple together with the leaf pattern. It wasn't until I brought the fabric home that I even noticed the deer in the pattern (I prefer to think they are gazelles, since that sounds more exotic). Anyway, here is my beloved cover, still looking spiffy after two years:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.