Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Speaking of bookmarks...

I have mentioned before that I love to read. In fact, yesterday, I made my first fabric bookmark to help out with my love of reading. Friends often recommend good books, or I read a review of a book somewhere that sounds interesting. However, I hesitate to buy a book before I have read it--what if I don't like it? what if I can't finish it? Enter my wonderful local library. We have a large county library system with multiple branches. With my handy library card, I can search for books online, reserve them, and have them held for me at my local branch. This allows me to read a book with no strings attached (like feeling obligated to finish it because I spent money on it). Our particular library system even has a wonderful feature online where I can keep a list of books I want to read--I just search for the book and add it to my list. Then I can request the books whenever I have the time to read. Also, did you know that you can check out more than books? Many libraries also have audiobooks, magazines, videos and CDs. So familiarize yourself with your local library AND their online catalog system--the possibilities are endless! It works for me!

1 comment:

  1. I meant to tell you...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the concealer under your eyes idea!! I have heard it over and over, but for some reason never tried it. After reading your post, I thought I would give it a shot and I LOVE IT!!...Helps hide a lot of dark colors and the "tired" look!! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.