Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Get Crafty

Last night, I had the opportunity to demonstrate basic sewing at an event called "Get Crafty." Several different crafts were demonstrated, including stamping, sewing, scrapbooking, knitting, and sewing. It was a fun evening of learning more about crafts, and spending time with other women. If you are reading this because you watched my demonstration last night, welcome! I will post pictures of the skirts I made later, but I wanted to give a link list of things I discussed last night.

I demonstrated simple sewing by showing the ladies how to make this skirt.

My sewing machine is a Brother-CS6000i, and I love it! It is not terribly fancy, but it accomplishes what I need.

For more simple sewing, try out this tutorial for Swaddling Blankets here--it is all straight lines, which is great practice for a beginner. If you want more of a challenge, I love this top by Made by Rae.

Other great sewing websites to check out:
Sew, Mama, Sew Blog
The Long Thread
Moda Bake Shop
I will be adding a blog list soon, and you can check those out.

My favorite online fabric stores:
Sew, Mama, Sew
Fabric.com
Pink Chalk Fabrics
JoAnn Fabric and Craft (I get most of my notions at my local JoAnns, but I often find things online as well)
Etsy (search for fabric under supplies)
EBay (it is best to search by fabric designer-i.e. Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, etc--to help narrow the search)

I would love to hear your favorite sewing/crafting website! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.