Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall wardrobe staple

Every fall, I look forward to breaking out my long-sleeve tops, blue jeans, and sweaters. My favorite fall wardrobe staple is the long sleeve t-shirt. I like my long sleeve shirts to be light enough to wear with shorts or capris as the weather starts to cool, but not so light to require a camisole underneath it. They should be light enough to wear under sweaters or jackets (I have a denim jacket I love, and a corduroy jacket I love EVEN MORE!), yet 'sturdy' enough to be worn with a skirt or blue jeans. Truth be told, I am not much of a 'layer-er', as in, I don't often wear multiple layers of clothing, but the perfect long sleeve t-shirt is needed for those occasions when I do layer! Unfortunately, because my long sleeve t-shirts get so much action during the fall/winter, they often don't last more than a year or two. I am excited because this week, Target has their Merona Ultimate Long-Sleeve Tee on sale for just $8.00. I have already purchased one in a lovely shade of green, and will probably pick up one or two more. Can you smell fall the air? For me, today, it smells like a new cotton t-shirt.

By the way, I am not affiliated with Target in any way. Their long-sleeve t-shirt just Works For Me.

6 comments:

  1. Me too.....I love long sleeved t's.
    I wear them almost everyday. But I like to layer too.
    Indiana weather....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Target T's. I think since I'm at Target I can buy them in every color! Think of the money I've saved. I like to wear a round neck under the v-neck in two different fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I just found something new, thank you! :)

    By the way, I'm having my first giveaway on my blog if you're interested:

    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/09/pleated-poppy-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fall wardrobe staple is a 3/4 length blouse--warm ebnough and cool enough at the same time, and I can do the dishes without worrying about getting my sleeves wet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love long sleeve tees too. I also really like cashmere "tees" from Land's End. It's a thin sweater in the shape of a long sleeved tee. Perfect for when it's still too warm for a real sweater and I love that it can be dressed up or dressed down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those, too! And they're long in the hem, so I can wear them now. I have raspberry, teal, and blue. Bonus: Down here, I paid $6!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.