Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thrifty Christmas #3--Mulling Spices

I LOVE hot apple cider in the winter, so it is only natural that I started looking for mulling spices that I can give as gifts at Christmas. I started with this recipe here, but adapted it some for my preferences.

4 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground orange peel
1 tablespoon cloves
1 tablespoon allspice
1 tablespoon nutmeg

Mix everything together, making sure that you break up the chunks of brown sugar.

Instructions for use: Add 1/2 cup of mix plus 1 cup of water to 2 cups of cider or juice. Bring to a boil and then simmer until ingredients are dissolved and all is well combined. Enjoy!
*Note: For a single serving, use 2-3 Tablespoons to 1 cup of cider*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.