Friday, June 19, 2009

Yummy taco cupcakes

It has been a while since I posted a recipe, so I thought I would share this one. I made it for friends yesterday, and it is super easy and delicious! This meal came from my friend, Mrs. Sprinkles, who linked to the original recipe at Rocks in My Dryer, but suggested the adaptations.

Taco Cupcackes (you can call them something fancier if you would like:-)

1 lb. ground beef
taco seasoning packet
1-2 cups shredded cheese
1 package flaky biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands flaky layers, 8 count)

*Brown the ground beef, drain and add the taco seasoning as directed on the seasoning packet.
*Separate the flaky layers biscuits into eight biscuits, then peel the biscuits in half, making 16 thin biscuits.
*Roll the biscuits out some (use a rolling pin, or pat them thin with your fingers) till they are approx. 8" across
*Put biscuits into cupcake/muffin tin, creating a biscuit shell.
*Fill biscuit shell with spoonful of seasoned taco meat, and top with shredded cheese.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
Enjoy the yumminess!

2 comments:

  1. I make these but I don't split the biscuits and I use BBQ sauce instead... and call them Barbebuns! I also make a veggie version with zucchini, squash, and mushrooms. You could probably use anything. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm. tacos! i think we might grill tomarrow and have tacos for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.