Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Sugar Glaze

In celebration of fall season, and my birthday week, I will be running five of my favorite pumpkin recipes this week. Please come back each day, Monday through Friday, for my latest recipe. I hope you all enjoy, and that you have a wonderful fall season!


This cookie recipe is a tradition in my home, and from the time I was able to work in the kitchen by myself, they became my specialty. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, surprisingly, but I love these cookies and would make them every Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Sugar Glaze

Cookies:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift flour. Measure and resift with dry ingredients. Set aside. Cream butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in pumpkin and egg. Add dry ingredients at once, blending only until there is no trace of flour. Stir in vanilla. Drop on lightly greased and floured cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 12 minutes.

Glaze:
3 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar

Measure first 3 ingredients into a pan and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar and vanilla and allow to cool slightly. Spread on cookies.

Tomorrow: Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always enjoy hearing from those who read this blog.